Home Energy Audits in Fort Worth and Dallas Texas
How Home Energy Tune-uP® Can Help Homeowners and Home Buyers
With ever-rising energy prices, homeowners and home buyers are trying to find ways to make their homes more energy
- Save an average of 25% on your energy bill ($450/year);
- Find out which improvements to make – the Tune-uP report will estimate the savings and costs of each potential
- Increase the comfort of your home – no drafts; better temperature control;
- Increase the value of your home – each dollar spent on Tune-uP-recommended improvements will increase the future
sales value by more than a dollar.
- Possible Tax Credits – Upgrading to certain components may qualify for a tax credit.
The Four Easy Steps Of Home Energy Tune-uP®
Step 1 INSPECTION
A certified energy inspector examines and measures the home and finds all opportunities for energy savings. * Blower door
and duct leakage testing is included with this service.
*For more information on blower door and duct testing......click here
Step 2 DETAILED ANALYSIS
Specialized software produces a Report which shows savings and costs for energy efficiency improvements and provides
tips on ways to save more energy and reduce your energy bills.
Step 3 IMPLEMENTATION
The Report provides access to a database of contractors, a direct line to an energy expert, and access to other energy
products and services.
Step 4 FINANCING
The report lists the improvements that, when financed, will save more than they cost. It includes information on the Streamlined
(k) Limited Repair Program by which homebuyers and homeowners can finance up to an additional $35,000 into their
mortgage for energy-efficiency improvements identified by their home inspector.
Energy Issues and You
With ever-rising energy prices, home owners are trying to find ways to make their homes more energy efficient. Some options
- Having an energy audit or inspection of their home to help pinpoint energy dollars that could be saved
- Installing energy efficient appliances - like Energy Star rated appliances
- Upgrading to energy efficient windows or installing window treatments (like solar film or shades)
- Adding solar energy technology to their homes
- Lowering/raising thermostat temperatures to use less energy
- Installing more energy efficient heating or cooling systems
- Switching to alternative fuel sources or green power sources
- Finding help from their utilities to pay their bills
A Home Energy Tune-uP® or a HERS Rating?
Rating the energy efficiency of homes has been used primarily by home builders who want to market their new homes as
being energy efficient. This rating system has not been readily adopted by owners of existing homes and their REALTORS®
because older homes are less energy efficient than new ones, and therefore get lower grades. The majority of older homes
would score somewhere between 40 and 70, depending on their age, whereas a home built today should score at least 80. If
the home scores 86 or higher, it is considered an Energy Star rated home.
Tune-uP, developed by CMC Energy Services , was designed specifically for owners of older homes who want to upgrade the
energy efficiency of their homes, rather than grade them. With a more detailed Report, quick access to low-cost financing, a
low price tag, and more inspectors to do the energy audits, Tune-uP is an excellent choice for owners or buyers of older
homes, whereas rating remains the choice for builders of new homes.
The Home Energy Tune-uP® Report
Your key to a more comfortable home with lower energy bills
- An Inventory of all energy using systems and appliances, including condition and replacement dates.
- Cost effective recommended upgrades.
- Estimated cost of installation for each recommendation.
- Identifying the group of recommendations whose energy savings exceed the cost when financed.
- Financing options.
- An explanation of each recommendation.
- A discussion of low-cost or no cost improvements.
- Resources to help find contractors and suppliers for implementation.
|To view a copy of
a Home Energy
|Schedule Your Home Energy
Inspection Today! Call
Fort Worth & Dallas Texas Home Inspector Providing The Very Best Home Inspections
Kent Keith, LLC